What's new

Just new SP4 display crashing

badgered1

New Member
Joined
Nov 21, 2015
Messages
2
Points
1
My Device
SPro4
I've taken delivery of my new SP$ i5 8gb, I've added nothing, changed nothing, just browsing, but I get keep getting display driver crashing and recovering messages springing from the right. (Something about a windows 8(R))
Also the screen get all scrambled with lines radiating from the top left, its unuseable but a restart sorts it out.
Do I send it back? Call a helpline?

Has anyone else got this problem in the UK?
Thanks
 
Yes - its a common issue. Just keep checking windows update until its all up-to-date. Also, if you google Surface Pro 4 drivers - Microsoft's download website has an API you can run which I did also just to make sure the drivers were uptodate as can be.

Others have found doing a clean install with the November update ISO useful - just have nothing plugged in except your power when you do it (no microSD card either).

Oh and welcome to the forum
 
i have bought from france shipped yesterday, no driver crash, one single time black screen after waking up from sleep, since then only hibernate or shutting down, i don't use windows hello or cortana both are disabled. work flowless. update it to last firmware
 
Mmmm now its popping, clicking say one click every few minutes.
 
Mmmm now its popping, clicking say one click every few minutes.
I should mention that there is an overwhelming consensus that the display driver issues are connected with Edge browser and that if you use a different browser, you will probably be fine. (Others on other devices with Win 10 and Edge experience the same crashes).
 
I should mention that there is an overwhelming consensus that the display driver issues are connected with Edge browser and that if you use a different browser, you will probably be fine. (Others on other devices with Win 10 and Edge experience the same crashes).

For the record, I don't use Edge, I use Firefox and have had the display crash a few times.
 
For the record, I don't use Edge, I use Firefox and have had the display crash a few times.
Yes, I'm aware that of the scores of people who have reported this issue, there are 2 or 3 who report having it without using Edge. However, given the overwhelming number of people who eliminated the issue by using other browsers, I don't think your almost-unique situation invalidates the theory that it's almost always Edge-related.
 
Back
Top