What's new

Solved Logitech Mouse Double Click Bug

mitchellvii

If you have a Logitech Mouse and have been having issues with the mouse double-clicking when you attempt a single click, relax, the problem is NOT your SP3.

Apparently some Logitech mice have a hardware bug where static electricity builds up in the capacitors which make the buttons work. This causes a double-click when attempting a single click (quite maddening). The solution is easy.

SOLUTION:
Remove the batteries and for 30 seconds, repeatedly click the left and right mouse buttons. This releases the static charge. Put your batteries back in and bingo, no more double-click.

Hope this helps someone.

OP
mitchellvii

mitchellvii

Good trick!
Thanks. I was trying to design some new reports in Access and this bug was driving me NUTS. Could't grab anything and move it. At first I thought it was Windows 10 so I rolled back to Windows 8.1. Same problem. Finally did some research (which I SHOULD have done before assuming Windows 10 was the problem << dumb!) and discovered this neat little trick.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Double clicking is a common logitech issue. This is the first time i've heard of it being static though. My experience has always had me opening the mouse up and having to re-bend a little bit of metal under the button.

OP
mitchellvii

mitchellvii

Double clicking is a common logitech issue. This is the first time i've heard of it being static though. My experience has always had me opening the mouse up and having to re-bend a little bit of metal under the button.

Yep this trick actually works beautifully and much easier (safer) than doing mouse surgery.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Yep this trick actually works beautifully and much easier (safer) than doing mouse surgery.

It's different things. The whole no power thing did absolutely nothing to my previous mice (G5 onwards) and the only option was to remove the "spring" and re-form it to the original shape. Was a PITA. Clearly there are different fixes for different mice. But as you have no doubt seen with regard to your own mouse, these are well known issues and fixes. Logitech may make good peripherals, but when it comes to reliability i have never had anything but utter let down from logitech. Take the dinovo edge, probably the best keyboard i've ever used, bought two of them, yet they're completely incapable of fixing the connectivity dropout issues, and if you tell them that it is a widespread issue, they just tell you rubbish, google being full of these issues does not mean there is an actual issue. One of those companies :/