What's new

Looks like MS got the all clear for the Surface Pro

gpstrucker

That's great, but no surprise. MS knows what they're doing.

I am curious about the Pro but if what I have read is true the shorter battery charge life makes me doubtful about buying one.
Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express

Sin

Originally I thought the Pro was the device to have, but with the battery life, I'm now thinking the sticking with my RT and logging into a desktop with RDC for the heavy work is a better overall package for my needs.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Sin - Exactly my thoughts, that has been my workflow for a few weeks and I'm loving it....

Sin

Originally I thought the RT was going to be too limited and while there are aspects that I feel fall short they are more app specific and things that I have been working around on Windows Phone. The issue I have haven't been great enough for the battery life of the Pro to be worth it. Even from a business point of view, unless someone is going to use the Surface Pro as their only machine, I think the RT and being able to remote into a desktop machine would be a pretty powerful combination.

R0bR

I wanted to get the Surface Pro for my new work ultrabook but we have a deal with Dell for our hardware. I ordered the Dell XPS 12 Duo, crazy thing is that it is more expensive than the Surface Pro, but I am getting an i7 and 8GB RAM and 256GB SSD, unfortunately no digitizer which is odd given the price of about $1700.

needatablet

at first i wanted too the surface pro, but there are 3 no-goes against the surface pro:
-battery live (should be about 4-5 hours, which is to little)
-weight (about 900g for a tablet is to many)
-price (about 900 dollars is to expensive for me)

so i think i will get the surface rt

OP
B

BennyDBowser

I see what your saying, do you have any second thoughts about the Pro being faster and more of a PC allowing 3rd party apps and programs?

needatablet

@ BennyDBowser
if you are replaying to me, i know this. it is really nice that you can run intel x86 programms (from windows 7 etc.) on the surface pro, but i want to use it as a tablet, and as a tablet it is for me to expensive, to heavy and has a to short battery life. i think the "first" really good tablets will come with the new intel haswell processors.

Search tags for this page
256gb surface pro
microsoft surface pro

surface pro

surface pro 256gb usa

Staff online

Members online