What's new

mastering the touchcover?

dlacaba

I'm borrowing a touch cover from my boss. He got one as a gift from a vendor, but doesn't have a surface yet. Still sold out. I'm losing around 30wpm, normally around an 80wpm type, but type around 50wpm since moving. Obviously still getting used to it. I do like how much lighter the surface is compared to the typecover.

alexactly

I think typing with the touch is pretty nice. What I especially like is its quietness. You can't type that silent with any other Keyboard...

Anyway, there is one Thing which drives me crazy: When write for example an email, some part of my Hand frequently touches the mouse area, moving the cursor and letting it jump somewhere else. I then suddenly write somewhere else.
Would it not be possible that the mouse area gets deactivated while my fingers touch the keys or something? That would be great...

Na, whatever. Anyone else experiencing that Problem?

Tom T

That has been a problem since the beginning of time...or at least the track pad. There is a free app by Microsoft I think available in the market that disables the track pad and makes typing far less error prone for me.

It is simply called Trackpad Settings

Last edited:

kristalsoldier

That has been a problem since the beginning of time...or at least the track pad. There is a free app by Microsoft I think available in the market that disables the track pad and makes typing far less error prone for me.

It is simply called Trackpad Settings

Trackpad Settings has been a life saver under a number of situations for me. I used to have the Trackpad on while typing using the Type Cover and many times have lost email - while composing them. Obviously, this was probably because I was being careless. But now having turned it off, my typing confidence has increased. I am going to get the Wedge mouse and hopefully I will be able to all the scrolling etc using that. Let see.

Dush

Biggest thing for me is remembering to apply pressure. Because it's a "touch" keyboard I'll start typing faster and just barely touching the keys like it was a touchscreen keyboard. Once I go back to remembering to press down like you need to do on real keyboard keys then typing works great.