What's new

Microsoft Complete Care Walk-In vs Dell Support

from @surface they have sent me a personal message nevertheless i cannot reply.

:
It appears that your SR's already been in the hands of the highest support agent.Please continue working w/ them. I appreciate your patience

I have sent a tweet to microsoft uk also:

@MicrosoftUK @pcpro i am waiting 20 days for a replacement tablet.You are very busy with twitter and you cannot support customers

Last edited:

Afy

I have been a Dell customer pretty much since 1997. I do have a Pro which has not had any issues, and am looking to buy the Pro 3 as well. I do also have a Dell XPS 15.
I had an issue where I spilt my coffee on the Dell and burnt it out. Called Dell.. machine replaced 2nd business day no questions asked. Can't beat that..admittedly I have experience with MS support on the HW side.

violet182

Emmanouil Bagiartakis

Have you heard any update?
Still waiting on a update on when they will even ship my replacement surface pro 3.
This is getting mighty ridiculous.
17 days and still counting....

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Sounds like they are on the slow boat from china :D

or they misunderstood when told to hand deliver it and they gave it to someone who is walking from China to Europe. :)

i was frustrated and disappointed especially with the responses of some support reps(not Jamie of course which is fantastic)

of course Microsoft is not one or two agents.Is a big business firm which i have personally trusted and paid for the device.I haven't bought the device from someone on the street

support agent Michael from escalation team gave me a solution

my replacement device could not be send to Greece due to logistic issues which i cannot understand however i do not want to understand.I just want a replacement device

a replacement device was send today to Germany in someone i trust in Germany and he will send me the device in Greece.

i have paid a device and microsoft send me the device in Greece.Microsoft could not send me a replacement device in Greece for support.This is an issue that they are trying to correct as i was told in view of the fact that when an online shop sends a device in one country must be prepared to offer support to this country.I hope and i think it likely that they will correct this pitfall.

I have mention it when i was frustrated and i can reiterate that i consider the surface pro 3 to be the best device i have ever used and the perfect device to annotate my pdf books

I hope everything will be perfect with my replacement device

i would unquestionably buy a surface pro 4,surface pro 5 again from www.microsoft.com

malberttoo

i was frustrated and disappointed especially with the responses of some support reps(not Jamie of course which is fantastic)

of course Microsoft is not one or two agents.Is a big business firm which i have personally trusted and paid for the device.I haven't bought the device from someone on the street

my replacement device could not be send to Greece due to logistic issues which i cannot understand however i do not want to understand.I just want a replacement device

a replacement device was send today to Germany in someone i trust in Germany and he will send me the device in Greece.

i have paid a device and microsoft send me the device in Greece.Microsoft could not send me a replacement device in Greece for support.This is an issue that they are trying to correct as i was told in view of the fact that when an online shop sends a device in one country must be prepared to offer support to this country.I hope and i think it likely that they will correct this pitfall.

I have mention it when i was frustrated and i can reiterate that i consider the surface pro 3 to be the best device i have ever used and the perfect device to annotate my pdf books

I hope everything will be perfect with my replacement device

i would unquestionably buy a surface pro 4,surface pro 5 again from www.microsoft.com

Sorry to hear your terrible experience. Let us know how it goes.

violet182

I am jealous of you.
18 days...still counting.
My "support agent" told me I had to wait another 2-3 business days for the service centre to reply to HIM and update on their guess of a shipping date.

So 2-3 business days for my surface to arrive at service centre THEN
10 business days for their usual repair time THEN (even though they don't repair, only replace!)
2-3 business days to look into it THEN
2-3 business days to escalate it THEN
2-3 business days to wait for a response from service centre......THEN
an open-ended amount of time to wait for restocking THEN
2-3 business days for shipping time
AARGHH!!

But what they told you Emmanouil Bagiartakis, is crazy!
They can sell and send you a surface but can't send you a replacement??
If they tell me they can't send me a replacement I think my brain will explode.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member

i have paid a device and microsoft send me the device in Greece.Microsoft could not send me a replacement device in Greece for support.This is an issue that they are trying to correct as i was told in view of the fact that when an online shop sends a device in one country must be prepared to offer support to this country.I hope and i think it likely that they will correct this pitfall
Customs & international laws create havoc. without the proper dotted 'i's and crossed 't's it will sit in customs until hell freezes. Sometimes all it takes to halt products is for one person to not sign a document, maybe s/he didn't get the right flavor of coffee or the wrong color Mercedes or they forgot the goat cheese in the gift basket. Lessons learned, don't ship it without all the approvals and it might only take five minutes to resolve or however long they wish to delay. That's the reality.

lonaysta

So, @surface twitter account did help me I think. After the agent (a "supervisor", actually) ignored my emails for three days she started to reply. @surface also replied me "If she becomes irresponsive, you can always come back and let us know." So maybe the twitter account can push some pressure to the support team? However the twitter did not respond explicitly to my question "Did you step in?"

I am jealous of you.
18 days...still counting.
My "support agent" told me I had to wait another 2-3 business days for the service centre to reply to HIM and update on their guess of a shipping date.

So 2-3 business days for my surface to arrive at service centre THEN
10 business days for their usual repair time THEN (even though they don't repair, only replace!)
2-3 business days to look into it THEN
2-3 business days to escalate it THEN
2-3 business days to wait for a response from service centre......THEN
an open-ended amount of time to wait for restocking THEN
2-3 business days for shipping time
AARGHH!!

But what they told you Emmanouil Bagiartakis, is crazy!
They can sell and send you a surface but can't send you a replacement??

If they tell me they can't send me a replacement I think my brain will explode.

i have asked the same thing: How can you send me a surface in Greece within 2 working days when i pay and order it online from your site and you cannot send me a replacement device for support?Logistic issues exist only for the replacement?It is crazy indeed however my cousin received my surface in Germany.

He is going to send it to me in Greece(my cousin will not encounter logistic issues)

Of course i am going to pay the delivery cost from Germany to Greece and i am going to offer a free cardiovascular examination to my cousin and his mother when they will return in Greece.I will offer them a coffee too

from microsoft support recognize that there is an issue and they are working to correct it.

i am happy that my surface will be in my hands in a week

i want the device!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i need not surface pro 3 replace anything.I do not care if it can replace my laptop

Maybe i am the only one on this planet however i want to write ON my pdf books with a pen!!!!!!!!!

my laptop cannot do this

my iPad cannot do this

my cousin cannot do this

a surface pro that i have tried to use cannot do this.Maybe wacom is the best in the universe nevertheless when i touch the screen with the pen and the line is somewhere else i cannot study.I cannot calibrate all day.

hence i just want my surface pro 3 back to study!

Last edited:

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
So, @surface twitter account did help me I think. After the agent (a "supervisor", actually) ignored my emails for three days she started to reply. @surface also replied me "If she becomes irresponsive, you can always come back and let us know." So maybe the twitter account can push some pressure to the support team? However the twitter did not respond explicitly to my question "Did you step in?"
They can't confess that in the open....

i was informed that an advanced exchange has been arranged.

I cannot differentiate if a new device will be send to me or a device "as good as new".I have used my device for about a month.