What's new

Microsoft Haswell-based Surface Pro 2 Leaks Emerge

demandarin

Wow, great news! Its a sure shot now.

Lets what what we can assume will be in surface pro 2 definitely.
-haswell processor i5. Possibly bringing the 7hour battery life said in article.
-refined kickstand. Now we have someone else in this forum, who is building cases for surface, said his friend from MS said kickstands will have new angles. Article mentions this also.
-likely pricing will match current reduced pro pricing

Now I'm reallyhoping the 8gb of ram option holds true. This device likely won't drop till at least next February or later. If earlier I'd be surprised. That time frame will hit 1year mark.

This new pro sounds killer. I want one..lol

demandarin

They predicting these new surfaces to release in October on same day new 8.1 drops. Damn! No wonder they trying to keep tight lid on software. As it'll come with 8.1 installed.

Now I'm wondering if I should've just waited a lil longer..lol I love the pro I have now. But dang.

Does anyone know if Microsoft store or whatever will have a trade in program to upgrade like Ipad has? If not, I might let my sister have it. She's a teacher and loved the device when I showed it to her this weekend. Onenote would be great for her lesson plans for school.

Oh well, let the wait and more rumors begin. If they do release October, this shows how much they really want to regroup from 1st. Generation situation. Would be smart because it'll be in time for holidays. Then I'd expect theyd drop current prices even more.

New RT expected to be Tegra4. Either that or snapdragon800 good choice. Both are very capable and powerful arm processors. Bothare very similar in specs. I believe the tegra4 beats 800 cCPU wise. The 800 edges out Tehran gpu wise with that new adreno. Either way, can't go wrong with either one.

OP
TeknoBlast

TeknoBlast

This is going to be one expensive holiday. Xbox One launches November 22 plus games, a possible update to the Surface some time October to December?

demandarin

This is going to be one expensive holiday. Xbox One launches November 22 plus games, a possible update to the Surface some time October to December?

I originally wanted to get a next generation gaming system. but seeing how my current pro plays those same games or even better, I think I will hold off. I plug my pro up to tv and it doubles as a gaming system as it works perfectly with my xbox 360 controller. it was a nice surprise to see how capable this pro is of playing great looking games. whether from win8 store or from steam. ive played and installed some high profile high graphics on my pro and they play just fine. even ones that just came out. Im about to play the new Outlast now. survival horror game with sick graphics. console games be too expensive now a days. with steam, im always getting games on deals.

it might also be safe to assume along with new Haswell, new pro will get HD 5000 graphics. which is said to be a huge leap in performance over our current 4000.

OP
TeknoBlast

TeknoBlast

I originally wanted to get a next generation gaming system. but seeing how my current pro plays those same games or even better, I think I will hold off. I plug my pro up to tv and it doubles as a gaming system as it works perfectly with my xbox 360 controller. it was a nice surprise to see how capable this pro is of playing great looking games. whether from win8 store or from steam. ive played and installed some high profile high graphics on my pro and they play just fine. even ones that just came out. Im about to play the new Outlast now. survival horror game with sick graphics. console games be too expensive now a days. with steam, im always getting games on deals.

it might also be safe to assume along with new Haswell, new pro will get HD 5000 graphics. which is said to be a huge leap in performance over our current 4000.

Also getting Outlast, cant wait to play that. Let me know how it plays on the Pro.

beman39

From the article, they're hinting that, that could be a very BIG possibility! Now I gotta sell some of my organs to be able buy this lol

demandarin

Also getting Outlast, cant wait to play that. Let me know how it plays on the Pro.

Its playing great. It scared the #$%& outta me....lo, had to save and exit. Will resume playing at night for even scarier atmosphere playing..haha

On my pro it defaults to 720p resolution and medium graphics settings when I have it hooked up to my big screen and Xbox controller. It plays just fine on these settings. I even modified and put shadows, in graphics settings, on low. Game plays very well. For the game itself, its scary as a mofo. I think you'd really like it. Amazing how current pro can push this new release just fine.

The new pro should be beast!

Game still looks great on those settings I mentioned. Hard to describe in words but this game looks and plays great. Definitely scary, which I love.

demandarin

Are we expecting a release this holiday season?

The article is stating a possible October release..damn they fast. I just hope for the possibility of a trade in program to upgrade. I want the new one. I'm feeling ify now since I just paid so much for current pro. Definitely an expensive purchase. But for new processor being mor powerful and better battery life, it entices me very much.

This current pro still amazes me though. It blows away my android tablets(galaxy note 10.1 & nexus 7).