What's new

Microsoft IME @ 30% CPU usage

Exhile

I've noticed that my CPU fan is on in my Surface Pro 4 has been on while nothing is running. I checked out Task Manager and noticed that two Microsoft IME tasks were at 30% usage. Shouldn't they be close to zero percent since the Surface Pro 4 is not doing anything? I have Simplified Chinese installed as one of my language preferences and that could be the culprit but it shouldn't peg my CPU at 30%.

ZirconZer0

I have the same problem. It happened right after the recent windows 10 update. Removing my installed traditional Chinese language pack and restarting my surface pro 4 does not solve the high cpu usage of microsoft ime.

OP
Exhile

Exhile

I have the same problem. It happened right after the recent windows 10 update. Removing my installed traditional Chinese language pack and restarting my surface pro 4 does not solve the high cpu usage of microsoft ime.
I also tried removing both simplified and traditional Chinese but it didn't solve the problem either. Not sure what it is with the "Microsoft IME".

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Microsoft IME = Input Method Editor. It appears to be a bug in the Asian Character Set introduced in one of the post Anniversary Updates....