What's new

Microsoft Patch Tuesday today!

jollywombat

I see there is a system firmware update available, installing it now. Annoyingly no details on the specifics on it.

jollywombat

Display Driver, Wifi driver, bluetooth look to be updated.

....and didnt see the post above me with the details. Thanks

kristalsoldier

Thanks...

Under the updates for the Surface 2, it says 'Decreased charge time for batteries'. What does this mean? Batteries charge quicker? It was quick in the first place, at least, relatively quick on the Surface 2, that is. I was hoping they had optimized the battery performance even more - not that it is not quite good as it stands now!

Last edited:

DragonGamer

Optimized two finger track pad use.
Improved Surface Cover Interaction including power-saving sleep functionality.

If that's just near what it is promised to be... Cool things!
*about to update*

macmee

Optimized two finger track pad use.
Improved Surface Cover Interaction including power-saving sleep functionality.

If that's just near what it is promised to be... Cool things!
*about to update*

Hopefully this fixes the bug I have where the touch cover randomly stops working until I replug it back in...

BeR2Y

Anyone else get this ...

System Firmware Update - ‎12/‎10/‎2013
Installation date: ‎12/‎10/‎2013 4:35 PM
Installation status: Failed
Error details: Code 80070490
Update type: Important
These updates are released by PC manufacturers to help improve the stability and performance of PC hardware.

I followed Microsoft links, and from the Command Prompt ran ...

DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Scanhealth
DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth

and re-ran Update, but was not offered the chance to re-install the firmware.

Any suggestions?

hwboy4

Did you have your keyboard attached when the initial update was run? I believe that one of the firmware changes was to the keyboard itself.

In my initial attempt, the keyboard was not attached

After attaching the keyboard (type) and running the two commands listed above, I rebooted, a system update was available, and it installed without error.

Dim-Ize

Did you have your keyboard attached when the initial update was run? I believe that one of the firmware changes was to the keyboard itself.

In my initial attempt, the keyboard was not attached

After attaching the keyboard (type) and running the two commands listed above, I rebooted, a system update was available, and it installed without error.

Thanks for the tips, hwboy4.

Tried the update with the listed commands from elevated command prompt. Unable to get a new firmware in an update search. Kinda frustrated with this...

Firmware Fail.JPG

BeR2Y

Interesting comments about the keyboard. Thanks.

Just a point of reference: My Charcoal Type Cover is on back ordered, so I don’t have it yet. Like a lot of other folks, I just happen to have unused keyboards around the house. I’m running the Pro 2, in its dock, with a Logitech K400r keyboard.