What's new

Microsoft Sculpt Comfort Bluetooth Mouse

r0b123

+1 It's a very nice BT mouse. Lucky for you the price is now lower!! I still paid lower than MSRP and only a few more dollars than you.

Tsurugaya

I find that using swipe on the Windows button isn't all that intuitive, actually kind of hard. That's unfortunate because it's programmable for different use in different applications.

fletch33

a few weeks ago i came back to windows after about 10 years because of the Pro 3 and immediately needed a few things to be Mac like and the first thing was my mouse/trackpad options. i have never used a windows laptop that had as beautifully responsive trackpad as the Macbooks have and of course it certainly wasnt the P3 trackpad as anyone would admit so i went searching.

i considered the comfort mouse and glad to read your review but years ago before i left the mouse behind for a large external trackpad which was did use thewhich is a mouse with very good gesture control like a trackpad with pinch/zoom etc.. but maintained a mouse feel with clicks.

so i went with the which was as close as i could get to the Apple version and was only $32. it is ok and with a few weeks with it now i am comfortable with it and it allows me to have that feeling of not moving something all over my desk as well as gesture controls i like for getting things done.

i thought since this was a mouse thread i would mention that Logitech trackpad as a possible option for others like me.

i also will likely order this mouse for traveling as the trackpad sits on my desk.

Last edited by a moderator:
OP
Tmozer

Tmozer

I have a Logitech (I believe) larger touch/swip pad which I though I would want for my non-touch HP Win 8.1 laptop. However I never really became confortable with using it and, thus, it sits in a drawer with other computer "mis-fit toys". Even though I like the touch screen experience, I also grew up computer wise using a mouse so still feel the need for one.........

fletch33

I have a Logitech (I believe) larger touch/swip pad which I though I would want for my non-touch HP Win 8.1 laptop. However I never really became confortable with using it and, thus, it sits in a drawer with other computer "mis-fit toys". Even though I like the touch screen experience, I also grew up computer wise using a mouse so still feel the need for one.........

i also come from pre-windows 95 most of which i have forgotten but when i switched to OSX after they went Intel their trackpads got better and better until i found myself pinching, 3/4 finger swiping and actually setting up my common functions with the trackpad until i missed it when it was gone.

this goes along with a few years ago when Mac as they were prepping to smooth the mobile and desktop feeling they reversed the scrolling to be where swiping up moved the screen down like my mobile devices and at first i changed it back to what i was used to but i decided to give it a go and eventually it just made sense.

vxm

Purchased same mouse together with my SP3- I like it a lot, but I have to admit- those swipe gestures aren't exactly comfortable- so far I only use start button function. Apart of that it works perfect and is pretty precise.

kevinlevrone

It's not great, I have one for one year now. You will experience signal interruptions a few times a week (requiring turning mouse off then on). On the SP2 it was very annoying until a firmware update came that kind of fixed it. On the SP3 it gets unresponsive about 2 times a week but it's my first Bluetooth mouse, maybe all of them are like this. The rubber band on the inside near the blue button also bubbled and then I had to peel it off on my mouse.

Last edited:

ChrisPanzer

I feel like the biggest schmuck on earf.... I purchased this mouse from Best Buy when it first came out for $69.99. CHRIS FAIL.

And now, I have connectivity problems. (already checked batteries). Bluetooth connection will suddenly fail, then reconnect a few seconds later.

GTiceman

I considered purchasing this mouse but might buy the Logitech thin mouse since it can be used with multiple devices and I would love to have one BT mouse for both my SP3 and my work laptop even though it isn't as ergo

CrippsCorner

I'm incredibly fussy when it comes to mice, I used the IntelliMouse Explorer 3.0 for years until it died, then bought another, and then another! But they were getting harder to get hold of so thought I'd look around for what else was available. After 3-4 different mice which were frankly terrible I arrived at the Sculpt Comfort Mouse, and tbh it's been brilliant. It did take me a while to get used to the swipe motion but now it's absolutely fine and I'd buy the same again if this one died. Unfortunately I paid $53.79 for it but it's worth it :)