What's new

Microsoft set to bring 256GB Surface Pro to North America for $1,199.99

MickeyLittle

Why wait for the final release in December? The beta is available now, receiving updates at least once or twice weekly, and seems very solid on my machine. And yes it is great to finally have my micro SD card to be recognized as an extra drive and not just extra storage.

kristalsoldier

Why wait for the final release in December? The beta is available now, receiving updates at least once or twice weekly, and seems very solid on my machine. And yes it is great to finally have my micro SD card to be recognized as an extra drive and not just extra storage.

Tempting, but I think I will hold off. Btw, is it confirmed that 8.1 will be released in December and not in the Aug-Sept. timeframe?

Nuspieds

Because my SP is my prime computing device. It's not a toy, gadget or accessory for me; it is the device I device I depend on day-to-day. Consequently, I am not willing to risk its stability and reliability by installing a beta OS.

Moreover, I am running perfectly fine with Windows 8. Be it December 2013 or even if it is sometime in 2014, I can wait for 8.1.