What's new

Microsoft's Windows 10 Briefing is Tomorrow; Might Include a Hardware Announcement

VickiFL

It will be interesting how they make that happen... traditionally the wireless carriers have controlled/blocked upgrades :) except for from the fruit hegemony.

Hopefully that won't be the case. I got my Denim update, and AT&T didn't block that.

Yes.
In the first year after Windows 10 is available, we'll be making available a free upgrade to Windows 10 to all devices running Windows 8.1." Free is here, Myerson says.
Also WP8.1 ... free upgrade.
Win7 also maybe... the wording on the tweet said free after the first year... not sure what that means :)

The slide that Microsoft was showing said that upgrades from both Win 7 and Win 8.1 would be free for the first year

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
The slide that Microsoft was showing said that upgrades from both Win 7 and Win 8.1 would be free for the first year
From CNET's more specific article:
http://www.cnet.com/news/microsoft-to-deliver-free-windows-10-upgrades/

"In the first year the software is available, the company will upgrade any devices running Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 for free, according to Terry Myerson, Microsoft's executive vice president of operating systems. After the first year, the company will roll out the free upgrade to all Windows 7 users.

Additionally, all Windows Phone 8.1 devices will also get the free upgrade to Windows 10.
I'm a little puzzled by that approach but I have faith it will get extended to 19 months and 7 days. :)

CNET revised their article: it now reads:
In the first year the software is available, the company will upgrade any devices running Windows 8 to Windows 10 for free, according to Terry Myerson, Microsoft's executive vice president of operating systems. The free upgrade will also apply to Windows 7 devices and Windows Phone 8.1 devices.​

The free upgrade is only available for the first year.​

Last edited:

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Surface Maxi err Hub 84" monster :)

Executives will be clamoring for these in their offices to replace their desktops and iPads :D

Last edited:

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Your virtual Living room will come with a lifetime supply of Fabreze to mask the mounds of leftover pizza boxes and stale beer smell. :D

Last edited:

RémiM

Being able to spray Febreze and then drink a glass of wine, and more if affinities, with Megan Fox.

Please a Surface Mini.