What's new

Solved mui chrome app

abc

the initial screen opens up blank. I have the setting to open gmail as home page which it did in desktop. is there any way to set a home page in mui chrome app. also what is the advantage/disadvantage of desktop versus mui apps usage?

OP
A

abc

solved my problem. adblock was blocking it, but settings in chrome allowed me to unblock it.

Last edited:

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
MUI Apps use less battery than desktop apps generally. That said, Chrome has a history of being a big battery sucker.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
It is a "skin" on the Win32 Chrome Browser - IIRC Google calls it Windows 8 Mode, it is not a true MUI App, it does not use WinRT its still a Win32 Application....

JoshB

Yes spinachpie. In chrome, under the settings drop down, you can click "Launch in Windows 8 mode". You end up with a MUI that feel like you are in the Chrome OS.

OP
A

abc

MUI Apps use less battery than desktop apps generally. That said, Chrome has a history of being a big battery sucker.
Does it use more battery eeven in mui mode. how about IE in mui mode

Which was is the best to for day to day casual use?

chrome, mui chrome, ie, or mui ie......?????

JoshB

IE in MUI mode is the most battery efficient and best user experience. Though for me I feel really gimped in it. Not having my Google integration, my favorites, my LastPass plugin, my pop-up blocker.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Does it use more battery eeven in mui mode. how about IE in mui mode

Which was is the best to for day to day casual use?

chrome, mui chrome, ie, or mui ie......?????
MUI IE should net you between 45 minutes-2 hours additional battery depending on usage....