What's new

Multiple monitor support (how many?)

Jack Tong

Dear all,
I have had SP3 for a few months now. I really like the product and it's slowly replacing my desktop.
As I am starting to dismantle the monitors from my desktop to be used with SP3, how many monitors can I use with SP3?
Currently, I am using display port (on docking station) and its 1.2 daisy chaining function. I have a 29" dell U2913 (2560x1080)and old U2711 (2560x1440). Do you think I will be able to add one more U2913 (2560x1080) in between the two?
I need massive screen realty for my job.
thanks very much
Jack

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
The Intel 4400 graphics supports 3 monitors and so goes the SP3. I heard tell of someone having 3 external monitors with the Surface display switched off. I don't have equipment for that so I'm not sure how its done.

Let us know how you make out and what you have to do. or send smoke signals if things go awry. :)

OP
J

Jack Tong

Thanks guys. Your comments increased my confidence that it will work. We don't have the 30 day return so I need to verify somewhat certain before I make a purchase.

I will give it a try. Basically I will be getting another 29" DP 1.2 display to daisy chained between the current 29" and the older 27".

Will keep u updated.

Thanks again