What's new

music tranfer to the surface?

ipaq_101

Go to windows explorer, find your sd card and play it from there or copy and paste on to the hard drive.

OP
T

TechGod2014

also change ur name...doesn't suit you... also go look on youtube there's great vids on how to's :p

Lmao! I must admit its been a very long time since I've had a Microsoft pc (strictly Macs, iPads and iPhones). And to my defense windows 8 isn't the easiest os to navigate thru. Super brain fart.

ZachBui

For me I just right click->Properties on the Music folder and at the Location tab, I just set it to point to my SD Card music folder

OP
T

TechGod2014

I tried that but in this case the music folder was on my cell phone. I figured that the music program (window media player) would just copy it off my phone but instead it wanted to erase the music folder on my phone and replace it with the one on the tablet which has zero songs in it.

kundas1

so the music is on another SD card from the phone and you just wanna pop it in and play...right? well I would just suggest you copy over the music to your device then pop in the other sd and copy that music from the device to the permanent SD card and then point the Xbox to the sd card with all your music... that way you don't have to keep switching... and keeps it simple for you :)

OP
T

TechGod2014

Already got it. Thanks for your help. I just did what ipaq101 said. I have an S5 and I turned it into a 3.0 Media drive. I then Copied the entire music folder on the phone and pasted it into the tablets music folder. Super easy. When I opened up the xbox music app it automatically found the music on the hard drive. Pretty cool .I think I just was over thinking the entire process. Or maybe being lazy.... either or! Thanks again! hope this helps someone else out.