What's new

Must-have SB2 acessories?

gman713

I just bought one off Amazon and at first my system did not recognize the micro sd/adapter, so I pushed it in a little further and it works perfectly and is exactly flush with the side. This adapter is a perfection solution for my 256 GB card.

brosenz

I just bought one off Amazon and at first my system did not recognize the micro sd/adapter, so I pushed it in a little further and it works perfectly and is exactly flush with the side. This adapter is a perfection solution for my 256 GB card.
Mine has to go in about 1.5mm from flush to be detected by Windows, then it is almost impossible to remove with the nail.

chekhonte

I finally got around to backing up about 100GB of stuff of my micro sd card with the ibaso adapter. It copied at a stable 78MBps a second which is way better than I thought with the adapter. It's a grade 3 with write speeds up to 90MBps. I was worried that the adapter would reduce it to a grade 1 but it doesn't.

chekhonte

Thinking about getting a powerbank with an AC plug for things like my surface book. However, ones that are small enough to be allowed on airlines don't go up to the 90 amps that the charger requires. The one I'm looking at goes to 70 amperes. Will the charger still work albeit at a slower rate? I really don't know how ac/dc converters work concerning their limits.

https://www.amazon.com/Portable-RAV...rd_wg=5px67&psc=1&refRID=ZD8GYZGS2Y1F1F1DJ8E2

Last edited:

JacksonLui

I dont know the requirements of the sb2 but i bought the lizone 24000mah portable charger for my spro and works great and is within domestic and international regulations for carry on. Dont check any powerbanks into the checkin luggage, they confiscate them no matter how small, ive learned the hard way. Do your own research on whats allowable but from my own its within the guidelines.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

chekhonte

All good to know. I looked up the max size of a take on battery and it's 100Wh. This battery is 100Wh so that should be fine. That is good to know about no batteries in checked luggage. I might have checked one at some point. I'm getting on 6 planes in the next 2 months.

Orlbuckeye

Base QI makes a microSD adapter that sits flush with the Surface book. As for displayport cables, YMMV across the pond, but I got a mini-displayport to displayport cable [CableMods] for something like $7.00 US. Just make sure it's certified 4k and you should be good to go.

Other than that, the new MS mouse [the rechargable one] is an awesome companion, and since I do a lot of travelling I also carry around a set of QC 35s [Bose noise cancelling headphones] Outside of that, a USB 3.0 hub w/ RJ45, a Samsung T3 or T5 external drive for overflow storage and/or additional program installation space [I could only get my hands on a 256, so this has been a LIFE SAVER]

Maybe eventually a D-brand skin to keep the chassis looking nice, but really there's not a LOT in the way of accessories that I wouldn't recommend for a traditional laptop/desktop [well, except the surface dial, but that's more of a gimick to scroll websites if you're not into the whole artist thing...

Scandisk has a new 400 gb Mini SD card for the Base QI. I purchased a 200 GB for my SB1 and recently got the 400 GB from Best Buy for 249.