What's new

My color calibration profile for my surface pro.

YKinase

Terrific! Many thanks, I've been looking for this. Ever since Anandtech's article describing the improvement to a calibrated display I've been hoping someone would post the .icc from a professional calibration tool. It is hard to justify the investment in a Spyder (or similar) calibration tool for the rare occasion. Your gift is much appreciated!

joudbren

I am sharing my display color calibration profile to anyone who is interested. Here is the link to download it.

http://sdrv.ms/12pmwq0

I have created this color profile using ColorMunki Display.

Thanks for posting and I'll have a peek at it as well. I have a Spyder 2 that I might give a try just to see what happens. Question: Do you have the auto-brightness shut off when you do the calibration and do you then run the screen with auto-brightness off when using your new profile? I would expect that would affect the accuracy of the profile if still left in auto. Cheers!

ArnoldC

@joudbren, I use a Spyder too and the ambient lighting and screen brightness will affect the calibration. I usually calibrate at home where ambient lighting is weaker, and when I bring my Acer to the office, the colors are slightly different due to lighting.

Having said that, I fix the screen brightness during calibration and actual use.

BillJ

Thank you very much for this. I will see how this does compare with Spyder as well.

joudbren

@joudbren, I use a Spyder too and the ambient lighting and screen brightness will affect the calibration. I usually calibrate at home where ambient lighting is weaker, and when I bring my Acer to the office, the colors are slightly different due to lighting.

Having said that, I fix the screen brightness during calibration and actual use.

Thanks for that! I leave auto off as well for calibrating my systems so was just curious. Cheers!

Arizona Willie

If I installed this color profile, could i go back to the original?
Easily?

I've never messed with color profiles before so I don't know about them and how to change them,etc. etc.

I just downloaded it and saw it said Samsung. Wouldn't it make a difference which monitor(s) it was applied to?
I have one ASUS 24" main monitor and one ViewSonic 22 " secondary monitor.

Wouldn't different video cards change things too?

Last edited: