What's new

My first "true" Surface Pro hardware issue

mcsenerd

Well... full disclosure here, I've already contacted Surface Support and I'm doing the advanced replacement bit already, so this isn't really bagging on the device...just sharing experience.

A few days ago, I went to turn down the volume on my SP3 during a meeting a bit (not completely...but just enough to not disturb god and country). To my surprise, a simple single short press on the down side of the SP3 volume rocker and I watched the volume indicator drop to zero :eek:

At first, I thought this was some sort of glitch, so I did the two button shutdown to see if that was the case. However, even after that, it continued to exhibit this behavior. Don't think this is super prevalent, because I've not heard of anyone else with this issue. All said though, MS Support was super helpful (even though they won't just let me exchange it at the local MS Kiosk at the nearby mall). Hopefully the replacement arrives and everything works well on it.

Tosko

During some computer support I came accross someone with the same issue.
The issue was, he had a keyboad connected to his laptop which made the volume go down constantly. When he plugged a new keyboard + mouse in, the issue was solved.

Do you have any other pheripheral connected to your surface?

OP
M

mcsenerd

During some computer support I came accross someone with the same issue.
The issue was, he had a keyboad connected to his laptop which made the volume go down constantly. When he plugged a new keyboard + mouse in, the issue was solved.

Do you have any other pheripheral connected to your surface?

Nope. In fact, it would do this even without the type cover attached. It's not a huge deal to me, but I just thought it was interesting to see it happen.