What's new

NewsgroupsRT - usenet client

Arizona Willie

Years back, Usenet was THE place to go for information / help with just about ANY program. Unfortunately it was one of the best kept secrets and it was kept " secret " for so long everybody forgot about it. Still many programs have followers on Usenet who are happy to help people looking for tidbits on " how do I do this / can I do that " etc. etc.

goodintentions

Years back, Usenet was THE place to go for information / help with just about ANY program. Unfortunately it was one of the best kept secrets and it was kept " secret " for so long everybody forgot about it. Still many programs have followers on Usenet who are happy to help people looking for tidbits on " how do I do this / can I do that " etc. etc.
Explains the elitist attitude among the linux community.

jrhillma

I have several usenet accounts (one unlimited, two block) but that's almost exclusively for SABnzbd/sickbeard/couchpotato use. On my OSX systems, if I'm feeling like actually reading newsgroups, I use Colloquy. It hadn't occurred to me to find a client for Win8 and the SP2. Hrmm.

Usenet, back in the day, was unparalleled for finding information, gaining knowledge and sharing humor. I spent way too much time on a.s.r. Those were the days.

Edit: the golden years of Usenet ran out with the September that never ended. :(

OP
L

lparsons21

The developer of NewsgroupsRT keeps working on it and improving it. It is well worth the $1.49 I paid for it, and has come a long way from what it started from. New bells and whistles have been added and the speed is much improved.

And it beats the heck out of trying to use a desktop Usenet reader on these small tablet screens. And it works with touch very well.

Search tags for this page
newsgroup newsreader for surface2
newsgrouprt

newsgroupsrt

nzb downloaden surface rt
surface rt newsgroups
usenet client windows rt
usenet on surface rt
usenet on windows rt
usenet reader windows surface

usenet windows rt

Members online