What's new

No app to play .wav files?

mosbergh

My answering machine emails voice messages as .wav files to me - and there is NOTHING on the Surface to play them. Strange oversight or am I missing something?

MrGoodtunes

Surface RT won't play WAV files? Sheesh! I plan on recording to WAV, maybe even editing. Such functionality aught to be there right out of the box.

PS: Navigated into [C: > Windows > Media] folder, and selected on a file with the headphones icon. By viewing its details, it shows this is a WAV file. But when I try to execute or play it, SurfaceRT tries to send me to the xbox music service! Arrgh, I have no wifi, am in Airplane Mode. Very frustrating. Surely, there is software in Surface to play WAV, because it does make sounds and those sounds are surely WAV files.

Last edited:

guitar1969

Same issue here. my work VMs come as wav file attachments. I couldn't find an app. this may not be simple as WAV used by messaging systems are not standard. I had the same issue on my android phone and most of the music programs for android couldn't open them. I ultimately found a program specifically for opening voip wav files. hope someone comes up with an app or more full featured music program.