What's new

notification sidebar

jlader

Sometimes when I access the notification sidebar on my SPro6, it won't let me use the quick action buttons. I use the brightness one frequently but it stops working until I reboot. I can access the brightness via the settings / system/ display and it still works, just through the notifications sidebar. At time the entire bar has frozen & I need to reboot. any suggestions?

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Hello, @jlader, Welcome to the forum

What Version of Windows 10 are you using? (Settings, System, About, Windows specifications)

OP
J

jlader

1809 - current version.
I am running 1809 on all devices - SPro3; S3; desktop. When I got the SPro6, it came w/ 1803, so I updated before I set it up. SPro6 is the only device w/ this issue.

Turbo4AWD

Sometimes when I access the notification sidebar on my SPro6, it won't let me use the quick action buttons. I use the brightness one frequently but it stops working until I reboot. I can access the brightness via the settings / system/ display and it still works, just through the notifications sidebar. At time the entire bar has frozen & I need to reboot. any suggestions?

Maybe it's too early to tell, but this literally works EVERYTIME I use it to dim/brighten the display. However, I've only had my Surface Pro 6 for MAYBE 1 month, if that? So with more time, maybe I will experience this issue. On my other devices I do not have the need to use the sidebar button for that, but I DO USE the Wifi Toggle or Focus Assist on my other machines and they work everytime.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
This may not be the issue, but when in "Battery saver" mode, Windows 10 may be overriding the brightness/dim controls.

Turbo4AWD

This may not be the issue, but when in "Battery saver" mode, Windows 10 may be overriding the brightness/dim controls.

Ah, well in that case, maybe he should move the slider over to "performance" and see if the buttons start responding again WITHOUT having to reboot. Then it will be decided it is a power management performance issue.....maybe he needs to check for more updates for Windows 10? Dunno.

OP
J

jlader

I believe it's a display issue. it also appears on the color pallet button. I switched from enhanced to sRBG an so far it doesn't happen. of course the pictures not as good.