What's new

Nvidia GeForce Experience

nathanandsusan

Has anyone tried unofficial NVidia drivers with the Surface Book yet for either the 940, 950 or 960M? By all accounts it seems that this is basically one of those video cards. This unofficial version does not support the GeForce features typical in GeForce dGPUs. I have an NVidia shield and was expecting to be able to stream games from the Surface Book and this version is not recognized as a GeForce Video Card.

Aegeas

No dice when I tried it. It is a custom chipset from Nvidia so the default drivers wig out when you try to use them. That being said, I have been playing games in between flights at airports and it totally kicks ass. So cool to be able to get my game on in hotels and airports with my work PC.

mkenny28

Has anyone tried unofficial NVidia drivers with the Surface Book yet for either the 940, 950 or 960M? By all accounts it seems that this is basically one of those video cards. This unofficial version does not support the GeForce features typical in GeForce dGPUs. I have an NVidia shield and was expecting to be able to stream games from the Surface Book and this version is not recognized as a GeForce Video Card.
Gamestream only works on GTX GeForce dGPUS so even though our dGPU is related to the 940M even that dGPU isn't capable of Gamestream. It has to be a GTX model.

DeezHoz

No dice when I tried it. It is a custom chipset from Nvidia so the default drivers wig out when you try to use them. That being said, I have been playing games in between flights at airports and it totally kicks ass. So cool to be able to get my game on in hotels and airports with my work PC.
What games have you played? I tried the Witcher 2 and it was about 10 FPS.

flar

I'm able to get a solid >60 FPS out of the dGPU in Diablo 3 (not vsync'd by default) at whatever resolution was closest to 1500x1000 and all settings on High. At one point it failed to launch with the dGPU and I was only getting 40 FPS and wondering what was happening until I realized that my dGPU was not responding. I rebooted and it went back to >60 FPS. I was actually surprised that it would get 40 FPS on just the integrated chip, but I guess D3 is not that demanding a title (limited environments with no view of a horizon to speak of).