What's new

Official Microsoft Miracast Adapter

malberttoo

I didn't say it was noticeable but there is some lag....a couple of milliseconds

I get the same thing with my Belkin adapter. "Lag" has a negative connotation here though. Like you said, it is completely usable, and takes only a few seconds to get used to it. Completely a non-issue in my book.

silkrooster

Here is a thought that someone had from a different forum. I have not verified this yet.

"Check the screen resolution in windows and set it to 1080. The wireless adapter can cause a lag if it needs to down sample on the go."

I just assumed the setting was updated and have not checked this yet.

pikul

Hello !
And the distance ? They say 23 feet=7 meters. Is it true ? In my flat, the distance is 6 meters but there is a couch.
Do you think it will be ok ? Could you try it ?
Thanks.

Nicola

I've seen mixed results.
At home I could stream perfectly up to 2 walls and 6 meters (it became choppy only after the 3rd wall).
At my parent's house I had artifacts at 2 meters and no walls.
Maybe interferences, maybe the position of the receiver relative to the TV...

kundas1

well I can stream no problems or lags from my SP3 to my 50" tv from 12 feet away watching Netflix... just the sound is coming out of my sp3 instead of the tv ... does anyone know how to fix this?

EDIT: never mind found out what was wrong, had to change the sound in the speaker settings

CrippsCorner

Wow! The Wireless Display Adapter is finally out in the UK... for £69.99 o_O ($106.81) whereas in America it's $59.95; what a rip off.