What's new

Windows 10 Maps for Windows Phone Shows Off

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
14-Florence-3D-Map-view.jpg

Hello! I’m Aaron Butcher and I’m the Group Program Manager for the Maps Team in the Windows PC, Phone, and Tablet Group. In the January Windows 10 Technical Preview, Windows Insiders got a chance to try out our new Maps app for the PC. We’re excited that the new Maps app is also available now on phones with the latest build of the Windows 10 Technical Preview (Build 10051). If you’re a Windows Insider, please give it a try and let us know what you think.

Based on the new Windows Universal app platform, Maps delivers a single and consistent mapping experience across all your Windows devices. Whether you’re on your PC in the office, or using your Windows phone on the go, Maps offers you the features and tools you need to explore and navigate the world. This includes the best maps, aerial imagery, rich local search data, and voice guided navigation experiences from both Bing Maps and HERE maps, integrated together for the first time into a single app for Windows.

Continue Reading @: http://blogs.windows.com/bloggingwi...ate-the-world-with-windows-10-maps-for-phone/

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
I am a big fan of the Maps app. Downloaded maps even work without GPS, though I also use GPS with my Surface Pro 3. The touch and drag, pinch to zoom, rotate, and other gestures work brilliantly on the SP3.

Here are a couple of screen shots I just made of the Rocky Mountains. One is centered on the Eisenhower Tunnel of Interstate 70 through Loveland Pass, another has a 3D view of downtown Denver.

Screenshot (29).png

Screenshot (30).png

Screenshot (31).png