What's new

Official Windows 10 Insiders thread

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
No such problem on my SP3 i7 with 14271. Sounds like it is indeed a power issue - turning off your keyboard to conserve battery life.

nnthemperor

Oh! I'm experiencing the problem on my SP3 running 14267, so I'm thinking if I should upgrade to 14271 if it's more stable.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Now using Build 14279.rs1_release.160229-1700
on Surface Book and Surface Pro 3.

Noticed right away:
- Two Apple network drives (Airport Extreme) connect automatically upon bootup
- A USB network drive on my router connects automatically upon bootup
- Edge Bookmarks Bar much more responsive
- Edge startup more responsive
- Cortana now does reminders much better
- Login screen and Lock screen backgrounds are the same now, similar to mobile Windows 10.

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Continuing previous post ...

- Edge "Pin this page to Start" makes tiles for websites reliably now, though the icon is the Edge icon, not one harvested from the target link.
- Bootup much faster, possibly related to the lock screen improvement, and startup items in a different sequence. I do not use "Fast boot".

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
There are known issues with this build specifically on the SP3, SP4 and SB that can cause it to lock up and require a hard boot. There is also some issues around the Shell, I have had Explorer hang, Task Manager hang and PC settings.

Reboot fixed this.

nnthemperor

in that case I'm still going to stick with 14267 and it's fast reboot bug. it seems nothing is released to the slow ring

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Had to do a cold boot today on both machines.
Internet access was getting slower, and Edge was hanging.
Working okay for several hours since.

GTiceman

I have been having a ton of freezing issues on my SP3 under 14279, I know it is a known issue but wow it is almost unusable here