What's new

Official Windows 10 Insiders thread

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
Build 14366 on Surface Book and Surface Pro 3

Waking up from sleep, reviving from hibernation, and booting from cold working perfectly. Windows 'Hello' and fingerprint reader (SP3) response is as expected and reliable.

wynand32

Decided to go ahead and install 14366. Had to go through some registry stuff to get the machine to actually sign up for Insiders, but seems to finally have taken. Suppose it will show up tomorrow sometime.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wynand32

Yep, installing now as well. Have a feeling the builds will be coming hot and heavy through the Anniversary Update.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Working very well on both my machines :) But then again win 10 has been working just great for months.

It does leave me in a pickle though. I'd love to get win 10 onto my main machine, but so long as windows cannot support some of the best games around (e.g older games) which work just fine on windows 8, then I cannot bring myself to install it and will just plough on with my obsolete OS

seb_uk

I upgraded from the November 2015 version to Insider Preview Build 14342 rs1_release.160506-17 (!). I'm finding this build very buggy and unstable. I want to go back to the November 2015 version, but I can't find a way to do this. Is it possible?

Thanks

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Just installed 14379, and the instant I logged in I was greeted with a popup saying that my insider build will expire in 2 weeks time. Is this something newly added to this build to force us to continue updating, or did something go awry on my machine?

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Just installed 14379, and the instant I logged in I was greeted with a popup saying that my insider build will expire in 2 weeks time. Is this something newly added to this build to force us to continue updating, or did something go awry on my machine?
I saw it on 2 of my machines, but went away....they may be testing the new activation troubleshooter....

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
I saw it on 2 of my machines, but went away....they may be testing the new activation troubleshooter....

Haven't seen it once on my S3 but continually popping up on SP4, and is one of the popups which can't be thrown into the background but locks the machine up until addressed. Hopefully there is a new build soon :)

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
Haven't seen it once on my S3 but continually popping up on SP4, and is one of the popups which can't be thrown into the background but locks the machine up until addressed. Hopefully there is a new build soon :)
Try this....

Settings > Update & security > Activation and select Troubleshoot.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Try this....

Settings > Update & security > Activation and select Troubleshoot.

The only clickable link or button within activation is "learn more" which just takes you to a generic website. This thing is popping up as frequently as every 5 minutes.