What's new

Patch Tuesday Today

bosamar

I just received a system hardware update 12/02/2013 is all it says. I just bought a type-cover and connected it, so the update might have been for the type-cover.

You don't have to wait for updates when they become available. You can force them. Just go to Windows Update and click on Check for updates now .... then once downloaded install them.

Screenshot (21).png

Last edited:

vdek

I didn't read through the pages but I noticed that my "custom whitelist" for flash enabled sites was reset... just throwing that out there. Maybe internet explorer was updated too?

Yes it usually gets reset on these firmware updates unfortunately. I would keep a back up of it on the side.

R0bR

I didn't read through the pages but I noticed that my "custom whitelist" for flash enabled sites was reset... just throwing that out there. Maybe internet explorer was updated too?

Looks like you forgot to disable to have that whitelist updated by Microsoft, mine was intact after all the updates.

R0bR

So I think I've only seen once back in November where my Surface had Limited Wi-Fi connectivity, I saw it again today AFTER the firmware update was supposed to fix it.

bosamar

So I think I've only seen once back in November where my Surface had Limited Wi-Fi connectivity, I saw it again today AFTER the firmware update was supposed to fix it.

Me too, but a quick reconnect fixed it.

Tom T

As far as I can tell this happens when I wake my Surface and immediately try to connect, say load a web page. If I give it a few seconds, 10 or 15, then all is good. It didn't change with the latest update, and isn't always a problem, but the timing is hard to gauge.

FFX

Another patch Tuesday! And I have really high hopes for this patch Tuesday!
We know we will get an IE flash update. There has also a been rumor of updates of the Windows Mail, Calendar, Music, and Games apps for Windows 8 and Windows RT, and an OS update refresh for Windows 8 and RT!
I'm totally psyched for this evening patch Tuesday release!(UTC +1 time)

(Rumors :D)
http://www.zdnet.com/microsoft-to-update-its-core-windows-8-apps-well-before-blue-7000012217/

Best regards FFX.

FFX

IE update did nothing, at least for me.
Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Board Express

It hasn't been released yet? I can't see any updates as of yet.
Are you sure it was a IE flash update you installed earlier, or a regular Defender update?