What's new

Solved Pen/drawing issue along bottom edge...help!

violet182

Is anyone having this issue with the bottom edge of the screen when using the pen?

https://www.dropbox.com/s/895eglevi5nozj1/20150401_160054_resized.jpg?dl=0

The line will jump and draw incorrectly...there also seems to be a slight yellow haze that surface support said has nothing to do with the digitizer problem.

This is a brand new surface I got via advance exchange this morning...I sent my old one for repair for the exact same issue. Kinda weird to get exactly the same problem though....
Could someone test draw a line on theirs in the same place for me?

hoschilo

Not at all but it reminds me on my time on a Wacom device. I think something must be wrong with your device.

bluegrass

The obvious would be to see if it has the problem in a different app. I was going to try and duplicate your problem but I didn't want to install the app that you're having the problem with.

OP
V

violet182

It was happening in every app. I tried to recalibrate ..same issue. But after researching other screen issues in this forum I tried by just pressing reset on the calibration rather than recalibrating. It seems to have resolved the issue. I am guessing there was nothing wrong with my first surface. If only Microsoft technical support knew how to troubleshoot this issue ...oh well.

Liam2349

It was happening in every app. I tried to recalibrate ..same issue. But after researching other screen issues in this forum I tried by just pressing reset on the calibration rather than recalibrating. It seems to have resolved the issue. I am guessing there was nothing wrong with my first surface. If only Microsoft technical support knew how to troubleshoot this issue ...oh well.

I think there are some things they either don't know or aren't able to admit. Always reset the calibration though. Actually calibrating it will always break it, for some reason.