What's new

Pen malfunction

Aldec

Purchased 15 months ago here in the UK an SP4 Pro complete with keyboard plus pen.
A month ago the pen ceased to function, the obvious choice clapped out battery.
Getting AAAA ones from the computer outlet from where I purchased did not stock them,
neither did any other shops I contacted.
Amazon came to the rescue, though it to two weeks to arrive. checked batteries with a voltage meter, perfect.
Fitting a battery did not help, the LED light never lit up and it was impossible to connect via Bluetooth.
Contacting Microsoft they informed I needed a new one and could purchase at full price as it was 3 months out of guarantee.
I asked if it could be repaired, the answer no, so I expressed the view was one expected to purchase a new pen every 15 months.
To state that I am disgusted with M$, for their complete and utter disregard for a little over guarantee time after sale care when there is an obvious problem with the pen.

Last edited:

Ami

EXACT SAME SITUATION. I bought it 13 mo ago and surface PEN not writing. Replaced AAAA battery but still not writing. Out of warranty.
Planned Obsolesence- They are trying to fool us...Consumers should get together and sue them so they don't do it again. They re doing this deliberately.

Search tags for this page

surface pen malfunction