What's new

Power Cover on Surface Pro 3

carlos masaya

Someone Know about the release date of Power Cover of the Surface Pro 3?, I have my Surface Pro 2, but I don't want to buy the new one without this power component.

malberttoo

I don't think there has been one officially announced yet. I would be surprised if they didn't make one available in the near future, but I have no way of knowing of course.

Len J

The local MS rep, who went to an intro education session on Redmond, told me that when the question was asked, MS told them there were no plans to ontroduce one for the SP3, die to the improved battery performance.

No idea if that is true, but its what he heard.

Len

adrians

I'm hoping that MS does release one for the SP3. The extended battery life would be welcome and, due to the increased surface, maybe they could make it a bit thinner than the previous one while maintaining the same capacity.

FlySwatter

The local MS rep, who went to an intro education session on Redmond, told me that when the question was asked, MS told them there were no plans to ontroduce one for the SP3, die to the improved battery performance.

No idea if that is true, but its what he heard.

Len
Yikes. Bad call IMO.

mtalinm

my guess is that it didn't sell well for SP1/2. you can always pick one of those up and use it as a battery not a keyboard.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
I can see it now the Belkin Type (with hammer and chisel)/Power Cover. Will add 2 hours of battery life and weigh 3 pounds.

We can hope Logitech will make one.