What's new

Power Cover $75

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Unfortunately it does not fully fit the SP3. 8( Microsoft needs to come up with one of these.

No, it doesn't, but it's still a keyboard that can (makes up number) double your battery life. Stil clips in, just doesn't cover the screen. I know that there are many users on this board using the powercover with the SP3, so clearly the size difference isn't a be all end all issue, but as you say, would be great for them to offer it in the SP3 size, especially if they stick to their claim of making the sp4 compatible with all sp3 accessories. In my mind they either need to release a powercover for sp3 or just sell a genuine sp3 DC cable for use with external batteries (just not for the unfortunate rip-off prices that most of the surface accessories carry)

Nys299

I agree with you. Actually I need a bluetooth keyboard as well as I often work exclusively in Portrait mode.

Haldi

7h10min Bright
8h35min Dimmed
12h40min on Powercover

Nice stuff.

Because this cover already has included battery it could easily have a bluetooth module and a power button.
So you could use it as power cover to charge the surface and use it as remote keyboard via bluetooth... that would be neat!

tony8154

7h10min Bright
8h35min Dimmed
12h40min on Powercover

Nice stuff.

Because this cover already has included battery it could easily have a bluetooth module and a power button.
So you could use it as power cover to charge the surface and use it as remote keyboard via bluetooth... that would be neat!

keep in mind he's using an i3 version. He verified himself and that was also the reason for a better battery life that i5 or i7 users could only dream of.