What's new

Solved PowerPoint presentation formatting incorrect

james.long

Hi,

Please can I have some support regarding a PowerPoint issue we are having with our Surface 4 devices. As you can see from the attached 'other machines display', the presentation loads and has the correct formatting, this is consistent on all devices apart from the Surface 4's. I have also attached an image of what gets shown on the Surface 4 devices.

I have no idea what is causing this. Others must be experiencing the same and have a solution?

Attachments

• Surface display.jpg
    Surface display.jpg
    67.9 KB · Views: 429
  • other machines display.jpg
    other machines display.jpg
    69.9 KB · Views: 421

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Welcome James

What are the specified fonts on the "other" machines compared to the SP4? Do they display as being the same font, because they certainly look like very different fonts. I know little about powerpoint, but could it be that the font in unavailable on the SP4 so reverts to a default font? (i. the other machines have had additional font packs installed at some point)

OP
J

james.long

Hi,

All resolved now. Yes, there were some custom fonts that were required that had not been installed on the Surface machines (even though the correct font was being displayed). I think that's what confused me. Thanks for the help.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Glad it's sorted. I inwardly groan when I'm told I need to make a presentation :) Gives me nothing but grief.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
So what is CON290? What are they trying to tax us on now? might as well learn something, but don't think i'd enjoy giving that presentation myself haha

ScottyS

I groan when they want me to run my PowerPoint presentation on another computer because I know the fonts and animation run right on my machine and I've seen many presentations that don't work right when run on other, sometimes older computers. That's why I got a mDP-to-VGA adapter.

One tip, you can set an option in PowerPoint to save fonts as part of the file. It makes the file size bigger, but guarantees the fonts will be right. I know one person who when he needs one slide to use an unusual font he makes that slide an image and uses the image on the slide instead of typed fonts.