What's new

Solved Pressure on back of screen causes browser to open

malarky

So I've googled everywhere and have not been able to find any other examples of this so have turned to you guys to see this is a known issue and if there's anything I can do.

When my Surface Book is in laptop mode, if I put any pressure on the back of the screen (lid) a new Google Chrome browser instance opens up. I was on a train today with little leg room and so the screen was constantly pressing up against the chair in front of me, and each time up pops a new Chrome browser window.

It doesn't do this, if I detach it from the keyboard.

I'm tempted to uninstall Chrome to see what happens if there is no Chrome to open, but I thought I'd see if anyone else has heard of this first. Odes not seem to make sense to me?

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
This sounds like a lot of malarky ;) although I assume you have detached and reattached the keyboard with the same results. possibly its activating a hot key sequence somehow... do you have a hot key sequence set up for it?
Do you have Chrome on the taskbar and is the taskbar at the bottom. Try dragging the taskbar to a different edge in case your getting a specific mouse activation. (My dads computer had an issue where the mouse would randomly jump to the lower right and bring up some systray thing.)

OP
M

malarky

So moved the Chrome icon on the task bar, and its fixed it. So weirdly it appears that pressure on the back on the screen was triggering a mouse press on a specific part of the taskbar. The Paint icon that is now in its place, has popped up once or twice since, but not really with the regularly of what the Chome problem was.