What's new

Purchased Skin From Decal Girl

TeknoBlast

I never been big on skins for any devices, but I saw this design and thought I have to get it. I went with the matted finish since it does not attract finger prints. I've attached a couple of pictures of it and love that they included the wall paper.
I also used the wall paper for my desktop lock screen.

WP_20130113_002_zps6ecd3bec.jpg

WP_20130113_001_zps7a0143f9.jpg

ontulmora

That is awesome! I purchased a Decal Girl skin for my Zune back in the day, I may check them out and get something for the Surface.

ontulmora

Does the sticker have the residue so if I decided to remove it there wouldn't be anything sticky or ugly left behind. I'm thinking the Zune one back in the day didn't have that but I don't remember.

OP
TeknoBlast

TeknoBlast

Does the sticker have the residue so if I decided to remove it there wouldn't be anything sticky or ugly left behind. I'm thinking the Zune one back in the day didn't have that but I don't remember.

So residue at all. It can be cleanly removed.

Nutball

That design definitely stands out - looks pretty cool. I've looked at these from time to time for other devices, but never got one.

Any issues with swiping in from the sides/top/bottom?

I've been using a screen protector and wonder if the additional thickness, although minimal, would cause any problems. I'll have to research their site a bit more or send them a message.

Thanks for sharing the photos.

OP
TeknoBlast

TeknoBlast

That design definitely stands out - looks pretty cool. I've looked at these from time to time for other devices, but never got one.

Any issues with swiping in from the sides/top/bottom?

I've been using a screen protector and wonder if the additional thickness, although minimal, would cause any problems. I'll have to research their site a bit more or send them a message.

Thanks for sharing the photos.
It took a few swipes from the left and bottom to get used to. At first I thought, "aw man, this wont work," but like I mentioned, after a few swipes here and there, it works just fine.

Chubnut

Now these look very nice indeed! The only problem is choosing the right one! Quick question though - does it affect the display in anyway or does it look just a crisp as without the skin?
Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro

OP
TeknoBlast

TeknoBlast

Now these look very nice indeed! The only problem is choosing the right one! Quick question though - does it affect the display in anyway or does it look just a crisp as without the skin?
Sent from my Windows 8 device using Board Express Pro
Doesnt affect the screen in any way. The wallpaper you see in the picture is the locked screen display. I swipe up to unlock and it goes away.

Search tags for this page
dealgirl surface pro

decal girl surface

decalgirl surface
decalgirl surface pro
decalgirl surfacepro forum
decals for surface pro

surface 2 decals

surface pro 2 decalgirl skin reviews

surface rt decal

surface rt skin decalgirl

Members online