What's new

Red Boot Screen

unfeomateo

When I boot my Surface pro I used to get a black boot screen and now I get a red boot screen. Is this normal. I can not find anything about this. Should I return the surface?

yeeahnick

When I boot my Surface pro I used to get a black boot screen and now I get a red boot screen. Is this normal. I can not find anything about this. Should I return the surface?
I also have the exact problem =( i unboxed the device, booted, updated windows, then rebooted into the BIOS and then shutdown. After booting again my Surface boot screen is red.... I know its a bug because behind the word Surface the background is still black but everywhere else its red.... Cant find any information about this issue anywhere

yeeahnick

i thought it was updates but then i did a manufacture reset and still have the problem so i guess its not updates...

i did not contact microsoft because the tablet runs perfectly....

Last edited:

yeeahnick

sucks because this tablet goes to our CEO and hes sold to apple and im gonna present to him a bugged windows tablet loool

prscarp

Lol, just dont reboot it when you show them ;)

So does this happen when you shut it down? How about when you restart it? And what about waking from hibernating?

yeeahnick

im talking to a microsoft TECH right now will let you guys know what she says.

Okay the tech wants me to return to surface for an exchange =( she says it cannot be fixed via updates

Last edited:
Search tags for this page
red surface screen
surface boot screen red

surface pro 2 red boot screen

surface pro 2 red screen
surface pro 3 red boot screen

surface pro red boot screen

surface pro red screen
surface pro red screen on boot
surface red boot screen

surface red screen