1. Press and hold the Volume Up button.
2. Press the Power Button to turn the Surface Pro on.
3. Continue to hold the buttons until the Surface loads the UEFI screen.
4. You will enter the UEFI
5. Touch “Install Default Secure Boot Keys”
6. Touch “Yes” to load default secure variables
7. Look at “Secure Boot” and confirm it is enabled.
7. Touch Exit Setup.
8. Touch “Yes” to save configuration changes and restart the Surface
Thank you so much for the exact procedure. I was getting nuts not being able to enter the bios/UEFI screen, because I never actually held down Volume Up before hitting the Power Button...