What's new

Rethinking MSFT's Strategy

EMINENT

I believe SP3 was and is a stopgap that should've arrived sooner than now. I think Intel really screwed this up first with the Haswell delay and now Broadwell's delay earlier this year. MS knew it needed to get this product out fast before Computex. Think what the press would've said if they had waited till after. They would've said that they're coming out with a fan design that's out of date when fanless is coming soon. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that they should've been ready by SP2 to intro SP3, but oh well, it's here and it's pretty awesome for now. We can't fault MS for trying. They've engineered an amazing product for now. And, they're going to follow suit with SP4 too, i'm sure. If they would've waited for Broadwell to launch SP3, it would've already been outdated, they would've had to skip SP3 and the whole back to school/holiday 2014 season of sales.

There's also a few of us who wouldn't mind a converged phone/RT mini with digitizer and stand. I would absolutely buy one of those. Whoever came up with the idea to omit the stand should be kicked in the business parts, hard.

I think we'll see it all come together in spring of next year hopefully when W9, WP9, and W9RT are One with SP4's amazing fanless Broadwell powering it all, and a docking station with dedicated GPU and cooling like the one Intel showed off. One can only dream..

Last edited:

CrippsCorner

There's also a few of us who wouldn't mind a converged phone/RT mini with digitizer and stand. I would absolutely buy one of those. Whoever came up with the idea to omit the stand should be kicked in the business parts, hard.

Definitely not alone there! In fact I was kind of counting on it... :( might have to go Apple now.