What's new

Rumor: Microsoft to launch retail stores across Europe in 2013

dgstorm

Editor in Chief
Rumor-Microsoft-to-launch-retail-stores-across-Europe-in-2013.jpg

A total of 66 Microsoft retail stores are currently operational across the U.S., Canada and Puerto Rico, and their number is only to go higher in the foreseeable future. In fact, the company is planning on opening its first retail locations outside of North America next year, according to a source for Financial Times. It is said that Microsoft is already in talks with landlords in the UK and is feeling "confident" about launching several stores in 2013.

Before that happens, however, Microsoft will examine the performance of its U.S. retail outlets in order to find out which model has yielded the best results. Some of the company's locations are permanent, whilst others – the so-called pop-up stores, are open at a given location for a limited time, usually around holidays. This internal survey will be conducted by the end of 2012.

Continue Reading @: Rumor: Microsoft to launch retail stores across Europe in 2013

scasn4

Good. that means I can go to a shop and physically buy a surface tablet rather than get messed around by your crappy online store. yep I paid for surface on the 19th October and I still have not received mine and still not got my money back.