What's new

Screencasting Options?

CaptainTime

I am a speaker and I use the Surface Pro 3 for my presentations.

Generally, I have used it as a normal laptop during presentations, connecting to projectors or TV screens via HDMI or VGA cables.

But I have come to realize I am not using all the educational power of the Surface Pro 3. I have seen some videos where people hand hold the Surface and write on it while teaching and being able to move around.

So I am thinking of finding ways to cast my screen to projectors and TVs without being tethered with a cord.

I have heard of Miracast and the Windows Wireless Display Adapter. Is this the best solution? I have seen some more affordable solutions such as the Mirascreen and others. Has anyone used these?

Or is a ChromeCast or Roku Stick a viable alternative?

Thanks,

sharpuser

Administrator
Staff member
The Wireless Display Adapter works perfectly for me on my SP3, and both Surface Book devices. I am very impressed with the response while demonstrating the computer, and using PowerPoint and Excel.

nnthemperor

I am a speaker and I use the Surface Pro 3 for my presentations.

Generally, I have used it as a normal laptop during presentations, connecting to projectors or TV screens via HDMI or VGA cables.

But I have come to realize I am not using all the educational power of the Surface Pro 3. I have seen some videos where people hand hold the Surface and write on it while teaching and being able to move around.

So I am thinking of finding ways to cast my screen to projectors and TVs without being tethered with a cord.

I have heard of Miracast and the Windows Wireless Display Adapter. Is this the best solution? I have seen some more affordable solutions such as the Mirascreen and others. Has anyone used these?

Or is a ChromeCast or Roku Stick a viable alternative?

Thanks,
The Wireless Display Adapter is the best solution. I'm in the education industry and used the version 1 on my SP3 for almost everything, demonstrations, presentations, showing Youtube videos in class. Recently upgraded to SB and bought version 2 of the display adapter. It's way more practical than the Chromecast as it doesn't require internet connection and it just mirrors your desktop. I'd suggest getting version 2, it has less lag.

Sent from mTalk