What's new

sd card format

Carolv

Member
Joined
Oct 16, 2015
Messages
57
Points
8
My Device
SPro
For those of you who are using a micro sd card, do you have it formatted to NTFS or FAT 32?

Thanks
 
Windows 10 Settings, Update & Security, Backup, File History backup requires exFAT. My 128GB card has worked fine with NTFS, but not as a backup.

Currently I have a 512GB SD, exFAT, with Windows 10 backup, and also personal folders.

exFAT.png
 
Windows 10 Settings, Update & Security, Backup, File History backup requires exFAT. My 128GB card has worked fine with NTFS, but not as a backup.

Currently I have a 512GB SD, exFAT, with Windows 10 backup, and also personal folders.

Thanks. Which one do you leave in, the FAT32? I originally formatted mine to NTFS because I read somewhere that in order to have OneDrive moved to the SD card that it would have to be formatted to NTFS. But I guess for now OneDrive cannot be moved.
 
You probably read that the largest currently available microSD card is 200GB. (November 2015)
 
I might also add, adding 2 partitions (one exFAT, and one NTFS), so you can make FileHistory backups on the one, and use the other doesn't work. Apparently, only the first partition is "seen" on the SP4 - no matter what the formatting.
 
Back
Top