What's new

Second user account appeared.

bugeyed

Yesterday a second user account appeared on my login screen. Actually, I get the message that the password was incorrect before entering anything. I have to choose login options & select my original user name & then log in. Today I tried to login to the other account, which is my name without the email address, & the password would not work. If this other account was created by me, That password would work. I had attempted to set this thing up sp I wouldn't need a password after sleep & that doesn't always work. I changed the login to a pin & that is working. I tried to delete the other account, but can't see it in manage other accounts. My original is all I see. Any ideas?
kev

Nicola

Yesterday a second user account appeared on my login screen. Actually, I get the message that the password was incorrect before entering anything. I have to choose login options & select my original user name & then log in. Today I tried to login to the other account, which is my name without the email address, & the password would not work. If this other account was created by me, That password would work. I had attempted to set this thing up sp I wouldn't need a password after sleep & that doesn't always work. I changed the login to a pin & that is working. I tried to delete the other account, but can't see it in manage other accounts. My original is all I see. Any ideas?
kev
This has happened frequently to me, but at next reboot it will be gone just to reappear all of a sudden in few restarts.
The second user is in fact still the same, but can't login due to wrong username.
First you have to know that windows assigns a different name to your account, which consists of the first 5 letters of your Microsoft account. You can verify this by looking inside your c:\users folder. Assuming your Microsoft account is [email protected], such user will be called "accou"
The common user is the one connected to Microsoft account ([email protected]), the other is the "shrunk" version of it.