What's new

Some questions about settings on RT, and some tips.

FFX

Hi.
Earlier today I found some settings on my Surface RT I hadn't seen or noticed before.(at control panel->Hardware)
First off is the positioning settings, it was on by default on my device. Anyone who has any idea what this does? There's no aGPS in RT or?
I Also found the touch screen calibration setting, anyone who has dared to play with this? And is there away to go back to default if you mess it up?
Same goes for the clear type & display color calibration settings at control panel->hardware->display, I began calibrating but didn't se an option to revert back to default so I canceled it. Anyone who tried calibrating these settings?

Tip:
Also when I was poking around I found the option to remove the touch feedback indication "fingerprint" (at control panel-> Hardware-> pen & touch screen and just deselect the touch screen feedback. Here you will also find the settings for the touch screen "mouse" double & right clicks.

Best regards FFX.

ArnoldC

If you mean the Location settings, it is used to allow or disallow an application to use locations. You'll see this when an application that is location aware is being installed. You can allow or disallow it. It is the default setting.

I didn't do the touch calibration because mine was spot on, even the spatial tolerance is excellent.

The colors of the RT I personally prefer over my Spyder-calibrated Acer S3. It was my concern at first that I won't be able to use the Spyder on the RT. But based on what I see, color calibration is extremely good on the RT. There is a default profile that you can always go back to. I wouldn't run with the built in calibration without a reference, such as a Spyder.

I prefer the touch feedback, so it stays.

However, my Desktop is configured to use single tap, to behave like Moder UI apps.
Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Board Express

OP
F

FFX

If you mean the Location settings, it is used to allow or disallow an application to use locations. You'll see this when an application that is location aware is being installed. You can allow or disallow it. It is the default setting.

I didn't do the touch calibration because mine was spot on, even the spatial tolerance is excellent.

The colors of the RT I personally prefer over my Spyder-calibrated Acer S3. It was my concern at first that I won't be able to use the Spyder on the RT. But based on what I see, color calibration is extremely good on the RT. There is a default profile that you can always go back to. I wouldn't run with the built in calibration without a reference, such as a Spyder.

I prefer the touch feedback, so it stays.

However, my Desktop is configured to use single tap, to behave like Moder UI apps.
Sent from my Windows Phone 8S by HTC using Board Express

Ah, app location settings of course! :D
I'm also very pleased with everything so I still haven't tried to calibrate anything as of yet.
I like the touch feedback also, but its still nice to have the option to disable it! :)

FFX