What's new

Sometimes when turning screen off, the fan goes INTENSE for several seconds. Crash!

OP
macmee

macmee

@macmee Seem I definitely fixed it in my device doing so :

open command prompt using Administrator mode and type :

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

after it finish type

sfc /scannow

Let me know if it helps you, in my device seem working fine sleeping mode now.

Thanks, I'll give it a go

OP
macmee

macmee

What you guys are describing is the BSOD (Black Screen of Death). This has been a known issue with the Surface Pro 2 for some time now. If its happening far too often, try changing your sleep/hibernate settings.

That's the interesting part of this. I also suffer from the BSOD issue where booting up out of sleep causes this problem.

The issue at hand in this thread is that when I turn my screen off to go into hibernate, sometimes the fan goes on max for 3 seconds or so, and the device completely crashes right then.

Nismode

Thanks, I'll give it a go

This seems to be a relatively new phenomenon that has happened several times to me over the past 2 days:

1. I turn the screen off (which should put it into hibernated based on my settings)

2. the fan goes NUTS

3. When I turn the surface back on, it asks for my password and had completely rebooted

And I thought this was normal. SMH. Has been happening to me too.

@macmee Seem I definitely fixed it in my device doing so :

open command prompt using Administrator mode and type :

DISM /Online /Cleanup-Image /RestoreHealth

after it finish type

sfc /scannow

Let me know if it helps you, in my device seem working fine sleeping mode now.

has anyone tried this and it has helped?

I've seen this issue a few times, but only sporadically thankfully. Have no idea why. If there's one gripe I have about the x86 software on the Surface Pro is that it does weird things randomly. The problems I have on other devices like my iPhone are either once in a blue moon needs a reset kind of thing, or are reproduce-able.