What's new

SP3 Keyboard Colour Poll

What colour do you have or going to have for your SP3

• Total voters

iDatus

Bit of fun, sorry for my duplicate post but multiple requests for a poll which rightly so is where it should have been.
I'm thinking dark blue which I believe is a new colour just for sp3 because 1) I like it, 2) is different, 3) not too dark to show dust, 4) not too light to show dirt, 5) adds a bit of colour in our drab lives
To be honest they are all good.
Add a comment also if there is a colour you wish MS did, I'm thinking an army green would be nice.

Link to SP3 colours
http://www.microsoft.com/surface/en-gb/accessories/surface-pro-typecover
and a picture of my choice ;)
089a68f4-ac6a-4fce-bca7-8dfd31886de0.png

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
I had been set on getting a colour, like dark blue, or purple, but having used a black keyboard in the store, i like it. It's not black as I'd expected, but a dark grey, really nice and professional looking. If it had been black black i'd have had other thoughts.

It really doesn't help that I have been chosing a colour by viewing it on an LCD tv with less than stella colour reproduction.

FlySwatter

Ah ha! And flyswatter swoops in to tie up the heated black vs purple race (purple? really?). And since the OP asked, I will toss out an alternate color I would have considered: Grey. Yeah, I'm a wild a crazy guy when it comes to keyboard colors, huh?

Moonsurface

Super Moderator
Staff member
I originally ordered the darker blue from the MS store but because I cancelled when I reordered the purple was the only colour available. I don't mind though I like it anyway.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
Ah ha! And flyswatter swoops in to tie up the heated black vs purple race (purple? really?). And since the OP asked, I will toss out an alternate color I would have considered: Grey. Yeah, I'm a wild a crazy guy when it comes to keyboard colors, huh?

What's wrong with purple? I actually have a very large hardcover cook book in front of me who's material is dark purple and it actually looks fantstic. If it was glossy it would be another thing, but i love the way the material on the type cover accentuates the colours. I found the surface itself to be an slightly offputting colour, but the black compliments and contrasts it really well.

malberttoo

I'm pretty indifferent to all the colors except red, would have been too bright for me I think. But my 4-year old daughter loves and lives and breathes purple. She was SO excited when she saw dad's new 'puter had a purple keyboard. Kids make life so interesting.

FlySwatter

What's wrong with purple? I actually have a very large hardcover cook book in front of me who's material is dark purple and it actually looks fantstic. If it was glossy it would be another thing, but i love the way the material on the type cover accentuates the colours. I found the surface itself to be an slightly offputting colour, but the black compliments and contrasts it really well.
Purple is not "one of my colors". In general. So, for "me" it's an odd choice for a computer accessory. So, no disrespect intended for you purple folks, but I was astonished that it was initially such a prevalent color pick in the poll (it was leading before I cast my vote).

wvevie

I cast my vote for black because that's what came with it.

I'm waiting for magenta. MS please make a magenta keyboard.

kristalsoldier

I got the dark blue (I believe it is commonly referred to as the Best Buy Blue or something like that). I got it from the MS store when I bought my SP3. My Surface RT has the black Type Cover, my Surface 2 (RT) the purple cover. Of these I like both the purple and the dark blue.