What's new

Solved Startup speed

revmike

I love everything about my s3, except initial start up speed. From the push of the power button to complete start up is 42.67 secs, whereas my sp2 takes 13.57 secs. Which has spoiled me. What are other s3 owner's speed? Is my speed within what could been deemed as average or could it be speeded up? Thanks

Garyjk

you can check the log and see if there is anything causing it.
right click this pc and choose manage or right click start, choose run and enter compmgmt.msc
expand event viewer/ application and service logs/ Microsoft/ windows/ diagnostics-performance/ operational
check the boot performance monitoring entries, see if any are critical.
if not, you can still check the individual entries. just click to highlight and then in the lower pane, select the details tab.
look for anything taking a long time. the durations are in milliseconds, so add a decimal 3 places from the right to get the number of seconds

OP
R

revmike

Thanks, I saw you post earlier, but I'm not using the cloud. My start up in Task manager shows, APS Daemon, Intel DPTF LPM services helper, iTunes helper, Lotus Quick start, Microsoft OneDrive and Reader App Helper, all have been disabled.

Zippy0n

with prefetch/superfetch on mine starts up in 29 seconds, with them off, it starts up in 20 seconds

OP
R

revmike

Thanks for all of your suggestions, turning on hibernation really help speed boot time up, now around 22 secs.