What's new

Stylus - How do you use it?

taylork1

Coming from a Galaxy Tab Note, I am stylus-spoiled! So with my new S3, I am in heaven - but looking for more ways to integrate it as a data entry tool. Maybe I was the last to know this, but I discovered the "Ink Tools" in Microsoft Outlook. I typed my email, then used the pen to highlight a section and sign it. WOW!

What other ways to you use your stylus? Please share!

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
OneNote.....OneNote....OneNote :)

Seriously, I use it to enter text, navigate (mouse analog), annotate PDFs and annotate web sites using Edge, I use it to paint, I also use while presenting or teaching...

OP
T

taylork1

OneNote.....OneNote....OneNote :)

Seriously, I use it to enter text, navigate (mouse analog), annotate PDFs and annotate web sites using Edge, I use it to paint, I also use while presenting or teaching...
YES! I'm getting used to OneNote. Still trying to understand how to manage OneNote vs OneNote Desktop. I seem to be going back/forth and having 2 versions open at all times.

hughlle

Super Moderator
Staff member
YES! I'm getting used to OneNote. Still trying to understand how to manage OneNote vs OneNote Desktop. I seem to be going back/forth and having 2 versions open at all times.

Unless you are using win 10 which has an inking issue with desktop onenote, i really couldn't offer any argument for using MUI over desktop. MUI is pretty much featureless, and navigation in big notebooks can be a pain compared to desktop.

OP
T

taylork1

Unless you are using win 10 which has an inking issue with desktop onenote, i really couldn't offer any argument for using MUI over desktop. MUI is pretty much featureless, and navigation in big notebooks can be a pain compared to desktop.
Good advise. The MUI version was frustrating so I reset my pen's default action to use the OneNote 2013 version. Sharing the directions:
Make OneNote 2013 the default
Step 1: Open OneNote 2013 (desktop).
If you don’t already have it installed, see Get OneNote 2013 to download it.
Step 2: On the File menu, tap or click Options, and tap or click Advanced.
Step 3: Under Default OneNote Application, tap or click the checkbox Make OneNote 2013 (desktop) the default OneNote application for OneNote links, notes, and clips.
If you don’t see this option, you need to update your Office apps. See Update Office 2013 below.
Step 4: In the pop-up window, tap or click OneNote (desktop), and tap or click OK.