What's new

Surface 1 strange "artifact" on the left

Focas

Hello everyone.
Some days ago i bought a Surface for my mother, everything was fine. However today, my cat stepped on the physical keyboard/cover of the device, and a strange artifact appeared on the left side of the screen.
I immediately thought that something might have been broken, but the device didn't take any hit. I mean, it didn't even move, the cat just pressed a few buttons on the keyboard and this thing appeared.

It looks like a LOT of semi-trasnparent code lines are running from the top to the bottom of the left side of the screen, so before sending the whole thing to the repairing service, i wondered if anyone here knows if it's some kind of shortcut or key combination that actually displays that thing.

Sorry for my english and thanks in advance for the help.

munakib

Hello everyone.
Some days ago i bought a Surface for my mother, everything was fine. However today, my cat stepped on the physical keyboard/cover of the device, and a strange artifact appeared on the left side of the screen.
I immediately thought that something might have been broken, but the device didn't take any hit. I mean, it didn't even move, the cat just pressed a few buttons on the keyboard and this thing appeared.

It looks like a LOT of semi-trasnparent code lines are running from the top to the bottom of the left side of the screen, so before sending the whole thing to the repairing service, i wondered if anyone here knows if it's some kind of shortcut or key combination that actually displays that thing.

Sorry for my english and thanks in advance for the help.

Why dont you upload an image of it. Try reseting the device first. Even when u restart your device, if you see the artifacts on the screen through the bootup process then it is most likely a hardware issue.