What's new

Surface 2 ....THE ICEMAN COMETH

beman39

^^ so instead of coming on here to ask if others where having similar problems and perhaps get a our point of view and HELP, you choose just to give up? I have experienced none of your symptoms and my boot times are VERY fast and when I updated to 8.1 it boots even faster! from what you've described you bought a faulty device and you should have just exchanged your device for another one and then your experience would have been different and certainly better! my Surface has been nothing less than impeccable and a joy to use! also my wife luvs her Surface which normally she doesn't get that excited about devices! lol

oion

Freeze and overheat, along with all the other symptoms. Might've been a faulty unit, really.

johninsj

This seemed to be intermittent as chrome would load but Internet Explorer would not.
Surface 2... that's the RT surface. You're not running Chrome on that.

You're talking about the Surface Pro 2 if you're running x86 apps. If you had this many problems OOB with a Pro 2, you had a *very* defective unit.

As to the kickstand leaving grooves in your bare legs... well, I expect the iPad lying flat on your legs would not have left any grooves :)

Anyway, yeah. You want a laptop. Perhaps one of the convertable-hybrid types would be better? I'm thinking a Yoga2 would do.

oion

Surface 2... that's the RT surface. You're not running Chrome on that.

You're talking about the Surface Pro 2 if you're running x86 apps. If you had this many problems OOB with a Pro 2, you had a *very* defective unit.

As to the kickstand leaving grooves in your bare legs... well, I expect the iPad lying flat on your legs would not have left any grooves :)

Anyway, yeah. You want a laptop. Perhaps one of the convertable-hybrid types would be better? I'm thinking a Yoga2 would do.

Heh, missed that. So apparently OP didn't even know which Surface he had, either. Nothing to see here. :p

Lots of decent convertibles and regular ultrabooks out there, no harm in switching. But with a Wacom or other active digitizer--I don't know.