What's new

Surface 2 With Larger Monitor Size?

bluehabit

I paint digitally and I am on the fence in regards to the Surface 2. It seems like a great choice but the screen size is a bit small (Dimensions: 10.81 x 6.81). Does MS have any plans either now or in the near future to increase the screen size of the Surface?

Thanks

oion

I paint digitally and I am on the fence in regards to the Surface 2. It seems like a great choice but the screen size is a bit small (Dimensions: 10.81 x 6.81). Does MS have any plans either now or in the near future to increase the screen size of the Surface?

Thanks

I basically stopped reading at your first sentence. Surface 2 does not have an active digitizer and does not support stylus input, so I don't see how you can use a Surface 2 (the Windows RT line with capacitive screen) for decent painting. You'd have to get a Pro--or any other tablet with an active digitizer.

Edit to add: I see though that you posted in the Surface Pro 2 forum, so maybe you meant to say Surface Pro 2. :p

If your primary usage is just painting/art, did you consider a Cintiq?

Last edited:
OP
B

bluehabit

I basically stopped reading at your first sentence. Surface 2 does not have an active digitizer and does not support stylus input, so I don't see how you can use a Surface 2 (the Windows RT line with capacitive screen) for decent painting. You'd have to get a Pro--or any other tablet with an active digitizer.

Lots of users are using the Surface 2 pro for digital painting

[video=youtube;an9Rzgrzwtk]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=an9Rzgrzwtk[/video]

oion

Lots of users are using the Surface 2 pro for digital painting

Yes yes, I mean you only said "Surface 2" in your OP and not "Surface Pro 2." Those are different products, hence I assumed you were confused. ;)

Also, the only "rumors" so far are a SMALLER Surface, and anything larger will probably farther down the line. Next year or the year after maybe.

jnjroach

Administrator
Staff member
If you want the true Artist Experience you should look at the Wacom Companion its a 13" designed for digital artists, its an IB Core CPU not a Haswell though... also it will run you $2000+