What's new

Surface 3 constantly not starting

Xixig

Hi guys, I just got a surface 3 after rave reviews from my friends and it's constantly buggy that I'm ready to return it.

Third time this week now, I've closed tye type cover on my surface, and then it refuses to wake up unless I forcibly reboot it by holding the power button.

I'm not low on batteries, it's been fully charged each time and left alone for an hour tops. It doesn't wake up at all.

Is there some way to keep it from doing that? I'd like to be able to put it to sleep without full shut down each time.

Thanks guys, I'm really frustrated with this right now.

malberttoo

Hi guys, I just got a surface 3 after rave reviews from my friends and it's constantly buggy that I'm ready to return it.

Third time this week now, I've closed tye type cover on my surface, and then it refuses to wake up unless I forcibly reboot it by holding the power button.

I'm not low on batteries, it's been fully charged each time and left alone for an hour tops. It doesn't wake up at all.

Is there some way to keep it from doing that? I'd like to be able to put it to sleep without full shut down each time.

Thanks guys, I'm really frustrated with this right now.

Hi, welcome to the forum!

If it's having issues right out of the box, have you considered doing a factory reset on it? It will remove any files you have on it, so back them up, and you'll have to re-install any software. But the reset itself is easy and won't take much time. It worked wonders on my brand new but very buggy Surface Pro 3.

Here are the instructions- https://www.microsoft.com/surface/e...ry/restore-refresh-or-reset-surface-pro#reset

Let us know how it goes!

Jonska

I have the same problem. And I think it is linked to tethered/shared internet tablet connection from my Lumia 1020. I am also using type cover. Really annoying bug. Today I tried for 10minutes to unlock, but eventually had to force shutdown.

The Surface vibrates when I press the windows button on the tablet, but screen stays black. Also NO reaction if pressing spacebar or enter. When I am at home using Wlan connection there is no problem waking up tablet. I have also noticed that when I manage to wake up, I can briefly see "LAN connetion logo" instead of WLAN logo at loginscreen, strange?

Any tips to solve this?