What's new

Surface and RealSense camera

What do you think the possibility of Surface 5 having a RealSense camera? I remember being excited in hearing the surface 4 having windows Hello, but later finding out it's not the RealSense version of the camera. I know there are other laptops that have it built in now. I hope Surface 5 would include it.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
Not sure it matters a whole lot for what it's being used for... RealSense back camera would be welcome though.

OP
S

starstreak

If they market the Surface as something a graphics artist could use, after all, it does have a decent drawing pen. Having the RealSense 3D scanner built-in would help those who want to buy a 3D Printer and scan their own objects.

Not sure it matters a whole lot for what it's being used for... RealSense back camera would be welcome though.

GreyFox7

Super Moderator
Staff member
If they market the Surface as something a graphics artist could use, after all, it does have a decent drawing pen. Having the RealSense 3D scanner built-in would help those who want to buy a 3D Printer and scan their own objects.
That's where I'd think the Back cam being RealSense would be more useful vs the Front cam. You can monitor the Back cam on the screen as it's going where the Front cam kinda prevents that or at best your object is in the way of viewing the screen if your scanning over the up facing screen.

OP
S

starstreak

Oh yes. I agree. Doesn't have to be the front facing camera.

That's where I'd think the Back cam being RealSense would be more useful vs the Front cam. You can monitor the Back cam on the screen as it's going where the Front cam kinda prevents that or at best your object is in the way of viewing the screen if your scanning over the up facing screen.